The start of May saw the peak season for Holland tulips with many flower festivals around the world to celebrate this glorious flower. There is still time in the Spring season to enjoy Holland tulips in your home.
This blog suggests some of the many ways you can enjoy Holland tulips in your home or office for the rest of this season. As a reasonably priced flower that has a fairly long life, the tulip makes a sweet and beautiful addition to any home or office.
Incorporating Tulips in Your Interior Design
Tulips are a wonderful flower sure to brighten any room with their wide range of vibrant colors, including red, orange, yellow, pink, and purple. They can be used many ways in a home or office to add a natural focal point:
- Use a single tulip in a thin vase.
- Add bunches of tulips in one color to a large glass vase and place around the room or use one large tulip arrangement in the center of a large table.
- All types of containers can be used, including mason jars for a casual look or you can opt for a more formal presentation with a glass or ceramic vase.
- Use contrasting colors to the room’s color palate to create a striking décor feature.
- Create flower arrangements that include other spring colors to add interest, color, and depth.
Tulips are a wonderful flower to use for Spring weddings or Spring parties, including baby showers and bridal showers, as the tulip represents new beginnings and new life as a Spring flower. Consider using tulips on wedding reception tables or as a centerpiece for a party.
Like with interior design, the tulips can be combined with other Spring flowers to create all types of looks that coordinate with the theme of the event, working with casual and sophisticated designs alike.
Don’t Forget Tulips Outside!
You can also plant them in your garden and enjoy them for even longer! Just be sure to check with your gardening center on the best time of year to plant bulbs and how to care for them!