National Garden Month was created by the National Gardening Association, a Vermont-based national nonprofit leader in garden-based education that is using the month to show adults and children how to lead healthier lives, build stronger communities, and encourage environmental stewardship through educational garden programs.
This month is about celebrating gardens of all kinds, including flower and food gardens in your background, in the community, and in the country. Be sure to also get your kids involved at home or encourage an event through their school to keep the idea of gardening alive through the younger generations.
This is a great opportunity for you to help out around Atlanta as there will be local and community events planned throughout the month to show more people how easy it is to start their own gardens at home or as part of a community.
As a local florist, we have been supporting National Garden Month for years, including offering many flowers, plants, and flowering plants in our Atlanta locations to buy and give as gifts or to start your own garden.
For example, we have a number of flowering plants as well as dish and basket gardens that help you get your garden started whether it is a patio or balcony garden or you start developing part of your yard.
Some ideas include:
- Blooming hydrangea plants in various colors like pink or purple that come as a single or double flowering plant;
- Even though Easter is now over, we still have lily plants that make beautiful additions to your garden;
- European garden baskets with multiple varieties of flowering plants;
- Combination gardens with violets and other flowers like orchids;
- Daisy or azalea gardens combined with green plants; and
- Many more to choose from online and in our store!
These flowering plants are easy to care for and do not require a lot of maintenance but deliver beauty and health benefits galore!
Like all our products, these garden ready flowering plants and dish and basket gardens are high-quality, fresh, and hand arranged and hand delivered for you or your recipient. Come visit any of our Atlanta locations to experience them for yourself. Throughout the month, these make a great gift for others or for yourself to recognize and participate in National Garden Month.